Buckwheat Loaf Recipe
Want to have a go at making your own bread but can’t be faffed with the rigmarole or time it usually takes? This Candida, gut friendly and gluten & dairy free loaf is so quick, nutrient dense and requires absolute no kneading….better yet, you can get all the ingredients at Replenish!!
• 2 1/2 cups of buckwheat flour
• 1/4 cup chia seeds
• 1 cup of water
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
• 1 tablespoon nutrional yeast
• 2/3 cup oil (olive oil or rice bran work best!)
• 2/3 cup additional water
• Optional toppings: sunflower & pumpkin seeds and Pepper&Me TikTokTrending
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees
• Stir Chia Seeds into the cup of water and set aside for 20 minutes.
• Sieve the buckwheat flour, baking powder, garlic powder into a mixing bowl. Add in the salt & nutritional yeast and mix until combined.
• Make a small well in the centre of the dry mix and add in the chia seeds, oil and remaining water. You can also add in some of the seeds if you like bread with a little bite.
• mix until JUST combined. DO NOT over mix as your bread won’t rise very well.
• Spoon into a greased & lined (use recycled brown baking paper if at all possible) and sprinkle with the seeds and Tik Tok Trending.
• Bake in the middle of your oven for 1 hour… or what I like to do is bake for 40 minutes and turn the oven off and leave it in the hot over for another 30 mins!
Easy, breezy and absolutely bloody delicious!!